Sunday, August 15, 2010

Poop in the Potty!

For those of you who dont know Luke and I have decided to introduce the potty to Maddie early on so that away we arent changing and cleaning diapers when she is 2 or3! We started about two-three weeks before she had turned one. We did the whole bit...took her to the store and let her sit on three different potties and letting her choose the winning potty! She chose a cute pink Baby Bjorn potty! We brought her home and made a BIG deal about her potty being in the bathroom with Daddy and Mommy's potty, sang some silly songs, and of course we made up some silly dances to go along with it! The next morning we set her on the potty for the very first time and it was a success!!!! We sang and danced celebrating her very first tee tee in the potty! Since then I have been setting her on the potty every morning when she wakes, after her nap, and before her shower at night and so far so good! Now just recently, August the 13th to be exact, she POOPED in the potty! It was her usual after nap potty time and she asked for her book to read on her potty and Wa La Poop! I was so excited I texted everyone I knew...well mostly family! I really wanted to take a picture of her but Luke wouldnt let me, he said that was gross! haha! Needless to say I am so proud of my lil Turtle and I think we can all say I am going to be one of those very embarrassing parents we all know and hopefully love! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment